A few rambling thoughts. For the sake of discussion, let’s assume that this all on the up and up:
- We didn’t vote for either one of them, so…
- Assuming this isn’t all some dark game, it was a “stunning upset”, to quote the MSM.
- The thought that the electorate, regardless of my thoughts about Trump, rejected Hillary Clinton brings me a fair bit of amusement.
- Again, I am assuming this all on the up and up, Trump was effectively a third party candidate.
- It’s gonna get ugly, folks. Why? I’m glad you asked:
- We sat up watching the coverage and the media is repeatedly and actively blaming non-college educated white men (and to a lesser degree women) for this.
- If anyone failed Mrs. Clinton, it was the media for giving her the impression that her election was a foregone conclusion.
- The silent majority basically through a molotov cocktail through the front window of the GOP glass house.
- Be praying, because it’s going to get ugly. Did I already say that?
My Benevolent Dictator has several friends in the offending demographic, and this morning one of them sent him this image via text:
This is entertaining and all. It is for now at least, until the screaming starts. There is one thing however, we all need to remember:
For those of us living the day to day life of working, raising kids, and making ends meet, election results do little to effect our day to day lives.
Pray for the nation, but remember that what happens in your life isn’t determined by what happens in Washington. Your life is- for the most part- the sum total of the choices you make day in and day out.